Two Popular Methods for Preparing and Cooking Skinny Noodles Shirataki
Pan Fry Method - Recommended by weight loss and healthy lifestyle blogger Roni Noone of GreenLiteBites.com and RonisWeigh.com!
Pan frying the noodles removes most of the moisture and the gummy
texture some dislike. Now toss with your favorite sauce. Many shirataki
fans prefer cheese-based or Asian-style sauces over those that are
- After you drain and rinse the noodles thoroughly, adding 1-2 tablespoons of vinegar to the rinse water if desired, pat them dry with a clean paper towel.
- Cut them to a shorter length if you like.
- Toss them into a non-stick skillet. (If desired, you can spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray first.)
- Using tongs, stir and separate the shirataki noodles over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes until they "squeak."
Darlene's Microwave Method - As seen on our Facebook page!
Skinny Noodles fan Darlene prefers her own microwave method of preparation over the pan fry method above. She says it makes them "REALLY appealing." Give it a try!
- Rinse Skinny Noodles, putting 1-2 drops of vinegar over them when you're rinsing them.
- Then turn them onto a plate with paper towels on them. This just helps get
even more water from them.
- Then take the paper towel away and spread
them on a plate as thin as possible.
- Then, microwave for as much
as 1-1/2 minutes. Cook about 45 seconds, take them out, stir them
around, and put back in.
- Remove from microwave and serve as desired.
Watch our video for general preparation and cooking of Skinny Noodles!